Friday, November 6, 2009

Tina's on the Radio!

First an update. Tina had an MRI on Wednesday and got the results the same night. There are a few more spots on her brain. They have decided to skip chemo this week and do daily radiation treatments for the next three weeks and hopefully that will shrink them or even better, make them disappear. She will be coming back home daily even though it's over an hour each way. She can't miss out on seeing Ashley.

They did blood tests today and saw she has low blood platelets and white blood count, so she's headed to another hospital for a transfusion. As per usual, she was upbeat on the phone. I've never met a more positive and determined person. She's never upset or discouraged and if she is, she sure doesn't show it.

On a positive note...

Pluckers is an Austin restaurant chain that serves wings and a lot of other amazing food. Mmm, I'm drooling just thinking about it. They are holding Boobie Bingo tonight at one of the locations that has the Hope for Tina fundraisers. Although I don't know what Boobie Bingo consists of, I know it's sponsoring the Save the Tatas foundation. I'm friends with the general manager (that's how much I go there). He gave me a call tonight to let me know a local radio station, 101X KROX, is doing a live broadcast from there tonight. He asked if they could promote Tina's event and they agreed!!! I don't know how many people will go to the resaturant if they don't know who the the event is for, but I sure hope it helps.

If you're in Austin and you heard them talking about it, comment here!

No comments:

Post a Comment